Random Foodie Blogpost #1


I thought I should make this a category. (I have some others planned as well, I thought it might help me structure in my mind what I want on this blog. It might also make it a bit more interesting as well, because it will be less of a random blurb.) But because I quite like a fair amount of random-ness, this category shall be named:

Random Foodie Blogpost, or RFB for short.


Technically, this is not the first RFB, but as I just made up this new and exciting category let's just start from here.

Today’s RFB is about dinner in the Oberländer Weinstube in Karlsruhe. It is a rather old fashioned restaurant which can feed around 30 hungry people. The interior is also stuck in time, which gives the restaurant quite a cosy atmosphere. This is not a place to go to for a quick bite. Rather, you should pick this place if you want food that is traditional yet innovative and presented lovingly. They also have a wide variety of wines.

Let's have a look at the food then (sadly still sans good camera, the inner paparazza still needs to learn a lot, it seems)






 The menu in old lettering, giving you an idea of what the restaurant is about. I opted for rosé and I love how they presented it. This is what it came in, apprently this is called a stein or bellarmine (referring to the jug btw):










I thought this was hilarious. It literally says "drink wine from stone like your fathers did". It rhymes in German which really improves the humour. A nice touch in any case.





The amuse-bouche 




  My starter.




The starter I was quite jealous of.




The main course. This was pretty fantastic (not that the other courses weren't).


And Crème Brûlée for desert.

I loved how much care they put into the presentation of the food, it really makes you feel so much more civilised about having wine and (too much) food.



So we have come to the end of the first RFB and I made myself hungry again by looking at all of these photos. Off to have some more (slightly less impressive) food.





Comments

Popular Posts